DR Congo receives Ebola vaccines in face of 'exponential' outbreak
The Democratic Republic of Congo has received more than 16,000 doses of an Ebola vaccine, as authorities step up efforts against the ongoing outbreak. More than 2,500 people have already died and health officials from the WHO are warning this...
schedule
12:47 visibility
4 views
Source: France 24
The Democratic Republic of Congo has received more than 16,000 doses of an Ebola vaccine, as authorities step up efforts against the ongoing outbreak. More than 2,500 people have already died and health officials from the WHO are warning this epidemic could surpass the deadliest on record – that occurred between 2014 and 2016 and caused over 11,000 deaths across West Africa. Dr Muhammad Munir, Professor of virology at Lancaster University in the UK, helps us understand the situation on the ground.
Peppermint oil may have an unexpected benefit for people with mildly high blood pressure. Adults who took a small dose twice daily for 20 days saw their systolic blood pressure fall by an average of 8.5 mmHg, while a placebo group showed little...
In 1894, when the Belgian city of Antwerp was hosting a World's Fair, more than a hundred Congolese people were forcibly brought to the city to be exhibited in the Congo Pavilion. In this "human zoo", seven Congolese men ultimately died of disease...
The next generation of mRNA medicines – including vaccines fighting against infectious disease, cancer and autoimmune conditions – may depend on a surprisingly small change: swapping one chemical modification for another.
The United Nations Security Council meets Friday for a second informal straw poll to gauge the popularity of candidates seeking to succeed Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, who will complete his second five-year term at the end of the year. Eight...
Former Brazil football star Ronaldinho, who had retired in 2015, said on Thursday that he was making a comeback 11 years later with Italian third-division club Ravenna to try and score "a 300th goal".
CEUTA, Spain – Moroccan families are searching for loved ones who left last month for the Spanish enclave of Ceuta during a large wave of migration. Many of them are camping outside the Tarajal border post on the Moroccan side in hopes of obtaining...
Former Brazil star Ronaldinho, who retired from the game in 2015, said on Thursday that he was making a comeback 11 years later with Italian third-division side Ravenna to try and score "a 300th goal". The 46-year-old, who won the World Cup in 2002...
France 24
We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more